The Best Flash Tool for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (Free Download)
Messing with your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 in an attempt to fix, mend or improve its overall performance or design may cause your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 to end up in a permanent boot loop or frozen screen. These issues often happen when you attempt to upload firmware to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. For instance, flashing a custom ROM or installing a firmware patch to your phone. This is the main reason why your device won’t be able to complete its boot sequence and so your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 will end up in a boot loop, restarting itself over and over again or even get stuck on the boot logo.
If this is what your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 is experiencing then know that what you’re experiencing is called a soft brick. This can be easily fixed by flashing (uploading new firmware/custom ROM) to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 with any of the best flashing software for Android. Fortunately, for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, the best flash tool for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 is the Odin.
Let me explain why, first — rarely do Android devices have their own dedicated flash tool. This is not the case for the powerhouse and brand Samsung. They developed their own flash tools in-house and used it for their Samsung product, including using the best flash tool Odin on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.
And the best Samsung flash tool is?
Samsung’s Very Own Android Odin
Odin is undoubtedly the best flashing tool for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 that can be used to flash stock ROM and to unbrick a bricked Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (also best flash tool for Samsung devices in general). The flash tool (Odin) was originally developed as an in-house tool only in the company’s service center. However, it got leaked to the public and since then it has been serving as a tool that helps users upgrade their Samsung mobile devices to the latest OS by flashing necessary firmware, especially for using as a flashing tool for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.
In general, Odin as a utility software that detects your Samsung device when it’s in Download Mode, though, it’s capable of flashing various files with .tar or .tar.md5 extension. Even though Samsung has it kies mini tool, Odin is still far more powerful and lightweight and you can use it to flash TWRP recovery and custom kernels on your Samsung Galaxy device.
Reminder: Since Odin is not officially released and publicly supported by Samsung, you can only install firmware that has been released on the internet and has the .tar.md5 extension.
- Do not operate your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 while the firmware is loading at any process. You can corrupt the firmware.
- Be patient, repeatedly trying to upload the firmware or pressing start multiple times can cause additional issues.
- Ensure you are uploading the correct firmware and the ODIN version is correct to your device.
Requirements for Android Odin and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1:
Below are the requirements to get Android Odin Flash Tool working for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.
- Driver Installations (Freed)
- USB Cable
- ADB Tool
- FASTBOOT Tool
- PIT & TAR file installations
Instructions for Android Odin and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1:
- Download Samsung Odin tool (Latest Version or Respective to your Android OS, see below!). Do this on your Windows computer. Ensure you start program as administrator.
- Select Stock ROM firmware that is for Samsung model and the Android OS version.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file ( *.bin, *.tar or 8.tar .MD5 file types extensions ONLY )
- Download, install, update any device drivers software that your PC requires ( You will receive notifications that you are missing drivers).
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 to the download mode.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 > Press and Hold “Power Button, Volume Down button, and the home button” Combined, altogether.
- You will feel a vibration and this screen:
- Press Volume Up Key
- You will see Android Robot with “Downloading” as shown:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 to your PC with a USB cable.
- Android Odin will detect your phone. If Odin doesn’t see the device, ensure your USB connection works and there aren’t any driver issues or USB issues (do you see the USB notification show up on bottom right tray?).
- Click “PDA” or “AP” button to load downloaded stock firmware to the applicatio.n.
- Hit Open.
- After Firmware is Loaded on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 click on “Start” button to begin the process.
- Finally, a green color message labeled PASS! will display on the Odin download tool and your device will reboot automatically.
Common Issue for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 :
After flashing Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, phone won’t boot up or stuck in a boot loop.
- Take the back enclosure off, remove battery, and check if preloader drivers detected. This notice shows up for a moment when re-connecting your phone.
- You may need another device for firmware cloning as you may have erased important partitions which are not built in the new custom ROM.
- Open scatter file and change all partitions to is_download = true
- You’ll need to find a stock ROM which includes all of the original partitions
- Flash all partitions except preloader, then find a tool for restoring IMEI.
All Versions of Samsung Odin
Latest Flash Tool for Samsung Devices (Check Latest Version as it changes) :
Other Odin Versions (Each Version is tied to an Android Firmware, see below to confirm)
- Odin 3.13.1
- Download Samsung Odin 3.12.3
- Download Odin 3.11.1
- Download Odin 3.10.6
All Versions of Samsung Odin: https://samsungodin.com/download/
For Newer Devices Like Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note S10, And Galaxy Note S20 Series
Look out for *Version: Odin v3.13.3*
After Android 10
Version: Odin v3.14.1
Version: Odin v3.14.4
After Android 9.0 Pie
Version: Odin 3.13.1
After Android KitKat And Jelly Bean
Version: Odin v3.09.5
Version: Odin V3.10
Version: Odin v3.10.3
Version: Odin v3.10.5
Version: Odin v3.10.6
Version: Odin v3.10.7
After Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Version: Odin v3.11.1
Version: Odin 3 v3.12.3
Version: Odin 3.12.4
Version: Odin 3.12.5
Version: Odin 3.12.7
Version: Odin 3.12.10
Before Android KitKat
Version: Odin V1.85
Version: Odin 3 v3.07
If you want to read about flash tools for other devices check out: 8 Best Flash Tools for Android Devices.